Turkey Sloppy Joes: 3 Easy Ingredients and just $3! This dinner is so easy and so fast, it makes for a perfect lazy night or when the summers are making your kitchen nearly unbearable for cooking.
I found a $5 version of this recipe a way long time ago- but when I combined it with having bought bulk green beans from Costco and having found hamburger buns at Target for less than $2, this dinner is actually more like $3 for the night!
Recipe for Turkey Sloppy Joes
- 1 pound Ground turkey
- Hamburger buns
- Your Favorite BBQ Sauce- we use a sweet and spicy flavor and it hit the spot!
- Cook the ground turkey in a large pan
- Once fully cooked, spread turkey to the edges of the pan.
- Add BBQ sauce and mix until turkey and bbq sauce have an even consistency
Side Dish: Buttered Green Beans
- A handful of French green beans from Costco (we freeze them now to make them last longer)
- Salt and Pepper to taste (if you have kosher salt, that’s tastiest, a little goes a long way)
- 2-3 TBS stick of butter
- 2-3 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 cup water
- Stir this all together in a small pot and turn the heat on HIGH with the lid on
- The ice from the green beans will add to the water. Frequently use tongs to mix everything together as the butter melts and the green beans defrost.