Edamame pasta is a great substitute for those going low carb or the keto diet. I’ve been really enjoying the health benefits of having gone low carb, and figuring out a new grocery budget for my low carb recipe list. What I like about this pasta alternative is that it doesn’t always taste like it’s an alternative. I don’t feel like I am missing out on a whole lot. It also tastes great with marinara sauce and ground beef. Although, I will admit that it takes a lot of marinara sauce to hide that it’s not regular pasta….
Benefits of Edamame Pasta
- It has 24 grams of protein per 2 oz serving of pasta!
- It has 7 grams of carbs per serving
- 2 oz of cooked edamame pasta makes way more than regular pasta
- 1 person does not need to eat 2 oz to feel full!
- It was only about $20 on Amazon for 4 boxes!
Shrimp & Edamame Pasta Dinner Recipe
- 2 oz of Explore Cuisine edamame pasta
- 2 TBS butter
- 3 cloves of garlic, minces
- 4 frozen shrimp pieces
- 2 cups of water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp lemon juice- to taste
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil
- Add the edamame pasta and then bring to a simmer for 3-5 minutes
- Strain pasta and rinse with warm or hot water
- Cook the shrimp with the butter, lemon juice and garlic
- Remove the shrimp from the pan and remove their tails
- Optional: cut into piece
- Add the cooked pasta to the pan and mix with the leftover butter, garlic and lemon juice.
- Add the shrimp and heat the pasta dish
2 Ways to Cook the Shrimp
- Air fryer with the listed ingredients in an oven safe bowl
- Baking pan
Alternative Options for this Dish
- Frozen or fresh bell peppers- be sure to cook them separate so that the bell pepper do not absorb too much of the lemon juice or butter. It will get soggy!
- Other mixed veggies
- You could make this shrimp with white rice. It tastes good but it is not low carb
Follow my personal Instagram for up to date inspirations!