Edamame pasta is a great substitute for those going low carb or the keto diet. I’ve been really enjoying the health benefits of having gone low carb, and figuring out a new grocery budget for my low carb recipe list. What I like about this pasta alternative is that it doesn’t always taste like it’s an alternative. I don’t feel like I am missing out on a whole lot. It also tastes great with marinara sauce and ground beef. Although, I will admit that it takes a lot of marinara sauce to hide that it’s not regular pasta….
Benefits of Edamame Pasta
- It has 24 grams of protein per 2 oz serving of pasta!
- It has 7 grams of carbs per serving
- 2 oz of cooked edamame pasta makes way more than regular pasta
- 1 person does not need to eat 2 oz to feel full!
- It was only about $20 on Amazon for 4 boxes!
Shrimp & Edamame Pasta Dinner Recipe
- 2 oz of Explore Cuisine edamame pasta
- 2 TBS butter
- 3 cloves of garlic, minces
- 4 frozen shrimp pieces
- 2 cups of water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp lemon juice- to taste
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil
- Add the edamame pasta and then bring to a simmer for 3-5 minutes
- Strain pasta and rinse with warm or hot water
- Cook the shrimp with the butter, lemon juice and garlic
- Remove the shrimp from the pan and remove their tails
- Optional: cut into piece
- Add the cooked pasta to the pan and mix with the leftover butter, garlic and lemon juice.
- Add the shrimp and heat the pasta dish
2 Ways to Cook the Shrimp
- Air fryer with the listed ingredients in an oven safe bowl
- Baking pan
Alternative Options for this Dish
- Frozen or fresh bell peppers- be sure to cook them separate so that the bell pepper do not absorb too much of the lemon juice or butter. It will get soggy!
- Other mixed veggies
- You could make this shrimp with white rice. It tastes good but it is not low carb
Follow my personal Instagram for up to date inspirations!
Cod and Edamame Pasta Dish - The Tiny Twenty-Something
[…] If you’re interested in something else with edamame pasta, try this: Edamame Pasta and Shrimp […]