Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks is a simple recipe and perfect for the summer! First of all: chicken drumsticks are super cheap! Secondly: Cooking them in the air fryer makes them easy! At Costco, we bough a package of chicken drumsticks for $7.68 and that came with I think 6 packages. Each package has 5-6 legs. That immediately makes any chicken dish a $5 Dinner because each drumstick is about 21 cents. If you’re using all 5 drumsticks in the dinner, that’s $1.28 per package! You can easily adapt any chicken recipe for this dirt cheap version. By comparison, let’s say a purchase of the chicken breasts package at Costco is about $17, you get 12 breasts (sometimes more in 1 package), that’s $1.41 per breast.
Now that summer is coming, kitchens are going to be getting hot, or you’re going to be wanting to spend more time in the sunshine and less time in the kitchen. Either way, you’re pressed for time and that means you need a fast method to cook the chicken. Cue Air fryers (or Instantpots) (or Crockpots)! My favorite way to get meat nice and crispy.
This recipe for airy fryer chicken drumsticks is very plain, but you can easily dress them up with extra seasonings, marinades, BBQ sauce etc. When I first made this, I was making the chicken for future recipes like the Cauliflower Rice Stir Fry and future salads.
Recipe for Making Chicken Drumsticks in the Air Fryer
- Package of chicken drumsticks
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- Preheat Air Fryer to 390 degrees and let it run for about 10 minutes
- Arrange drumsticks in an oven-safe pan or baking dish. Pro-Tip: anything that can go in an oven, can go into an Air Fryer!
- Salt and pepper each side and mince garlic over the drumsticks
- Place baking dish into the air fryer basket and cook for 10 minutes
- Flip drumsticks to other side and cook for 8-10 more minutes
- Remove from air fryer basket and let cool for a short time
- Enjoy as the BBQ Chicken Drumsticks Dinner or Cauliflower Stir Fry
Follow my personal Instagram for up to date inspirations!