While this Banana Bread and Muffins recipe is not low carb, swapping the traditional sweetener that is sugar for honey, and opting to use coconut oil instead of butter or vegetable oil, it a more healthier option. If you’re in need of a low carb option- I have the most delicious and nutty recipe: Almond Flour Banana Muffins. There is something magical about combining almond flour with a banana bread recipe.
Banana Bread and Muffins Recipe
- ⅓ cp melted coconut oil (microwave for about 30 sec)
- ½ cp honey
- 2 eggs
- 2 smashed bananas
- ¼ cp water or milk
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 ¾ cp flour
Tools for Either Recipe
- spatula or spoon
- fork/spoon or both
- measuring spoons
- measuring Cups
- large mixing bowl
- small bowl
- nonstick muffin pan(s) and/or bread pan
- Combine honey & melted coconut oil to the large mixing, whisk away!
- Add the 2 eggs & beat well
- Add smashed bananas- I used a spoon and then a fork to smash it up in a measuring cup. The fork served as a small whisk just for the bananas.
- Add flour, “cut” with fork. Cutting flour is something I learning in my high school culinary arts class. It breaks up the flour and later makes it easier to add to the batter.
- Add cinnamon, baking soda & salt. Mix that up.
- Stir the dry mix into the rest of the batter. Switch to using a spatula or spoon. Mix until the consistency feels just right!
- Using the ⅓ cp, spoon batter into nonstick pan
- (optional) Dash some cinnamon on the top and use a toothpick to swirl it around.
- Bake (both) for 25 minutes. Use a toothpick to see it’s cooked through.
- Cool for about 10 minutes
Notes for this Banana Bread and Muffins Recipe
- The Recipe chart below is using my Super Healthy Banana Bread recipe/post, but of course you just add the batter to the muffin pans instead of the bread pan.
Super Healthy Banana Bread
- 1 3/4 cups flour of choice
- 1 Tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 cup of milk of choice or water
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup warmed honey or maple syrup
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil or EV olive oil
- 2-3 ripe bananas
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees
- Mix bananas and honey in a mixer or large bowl
- Combine wet ingredients in a separate bowl and lightly mix
- Combine dry ingredients in separate bowl and mix
- Add web ingredient to mixer or large bowl
- Slowly add dry ingredients to mixer/large bowl and mix until consistent
- Pour a small amount of melted coconut oil (or other oil) to the bottom of the bread pan
- Pour batter into pan and sprinkle with cinnamon or pumpkin spice
- Bake 45-55 minutes, or until brown, or until a toothpick is cleanly pulled out of bread