A Keto meal plan doesn’t have to be limiting or boring. Every month I share a list of a pre-made meal plan for you plus recipes. This month, the focus is the ketogenic diet! This post has a list of my Keto-friendly recipes for breakfast, snacks, desserts and dinners.
Crash Course for Meal Planning
Initially, it takes quite a lot of work to begin starting a meal plan. That starts with understanding, or knowing, the different prices between stores- or at least knowing price ranges for items like milk, produce, breads, meats. Meats tend to be the most expensive, breads are sometimes most cost effective if purchased at stores like Costco. I buy my produce from the local grocery store and buy staples plus in-season produce, and I only buy what is on the meal plan, plus snacks, plus extras for breakfast. To learn more about meal planing, read my in-depth article about How to Make ANY Meal Plan Rotation.
Meal Planning for the Keto Diet
The Keto diet is quite expensive mainly because it relies so heavily on meat and dairy- fresh, organic cheese without preservatives, large chunks of well-marbled beef chuck, and even the occasional produce item like the parsnip! At my grocery store, parsnips are $2.70/lb!
Some of the ways I save money on my Keto-diet is by taking advantage of my annual membership with Thrive Market. It’s like a Costco for special diets! Some of the items listed in this meal plan can be purchased with a Thrive Market membership.
Disclosure: I am a Thrive Market Affiliate and this post contains affiliated links. This means that I earn a commission if you choose to purchase a monthly or annual membership by them using these links. The products listed in any of my blog posts that promotes Thrive Market are only the ones that I have ordered and really enjoyed. Read full disclosure here.
Your Keto Meal Plan
Keto Breakfast and Snacks Options
- Premier Protein shakes
- Wild Zola Instant Grain Free Hot Cereal, Variety Pack– 5 bags of hot cereal for $12.49 (this 1 was a difficult decision but I wanted to try a keto alternative to oatmeal. LOVED THIS BOX! Banana Bread is my favorite and I have ordered it four times. I mix it with sliced banana and almond milk.
- Cottage Cheese, peaches, almonds or walnuts and sugar-free chocolate chips (splurge a little)
- Lillabee’s Brownie Thins $4.99- my favorite cookie from Thrive Market. I have tried these thin mints, regular cookies and their Salted Caramel (which I got for FREE in that order). All three are amazing but these are my favorite! They are Paleo/Keto, and you might be surprised how much big a real serving is and how filling it actually is too!
- Almond Flour Banana Muffins (also makes a great snack!)
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Fat Bombs
- Monday: Hearty Beef and Vegetable Stew
- Tuesday: Keto Cottage Pie (makes for great leftovers!)
- Wednesday: Cauliflower Rice Stir Fry
- Thursday: Keto Pizza- Bacon and Sausage Recipe
- Friday: Chicken Quinoa Soup
- Saturday: leftovers
- Sunday: Pork Loins with vegetable mash (see vegetable mash recipe below!) or leftovers
Keto Desserts and Side Dishes
- 4 Keto Dessert Recipes
- Keto Butter Cookies
- Vegetable Mash (see below)
- Low Carb Cheesy Bread Rolls
Keto-Friendly Vegetable Mash Recipe
Low Carb Vegetable Mash
- Immersion Blender
- 1 Parsnip diced
- 4 cups Cauliflower cut into florets
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 4 tbs butter
- 5 cups of water
- 3/4 cup milk
- Combine 5 cups of water with diced parsnip and cauliflower florets. Boil until parsnip and cauliflower are soft enough to be mashed.
- Drain pot and set aside
- Melt 2 tbs butter in pot
- Add parsnip and cauliflower and mash with a potato masher
- Slowly add milk and more butter
- Finish with using an immersion blender to create the same whipped fluffiness of mashed potatoes
- Add salt and pepper for seasoning
Leave a Reply