My first Thrive Market experience was a pretty great one! I had been seeing their ads on social media for a long while (that’s how they getcha!) and saw that I could get an easy FREE gift if I stated a membership today. So I clicked on the ad to start my research, took a quick quiz to set up a profile and be told my estimated savings, and then starting looking for low carb food options and alternatives. Here is an overview of my first order with them.
What is Thrive Market?
Thrive Market is a membership based online grocery store. You pay either an Annual Membership of $120/year or Month-to-Month for $10/month. If you use my special link, you get 25% OFF Your First Order with Thrive Market when you start a monthly or annual Membership.
While I have said in Budgeting for a Low Carb Diet, that I don’t do Subscriptions (like GoFresh boxes or KetoSnack subscription boxes), I decided to do my research about Thrive Market and give it a shot.
Cool Features to a Thrive Market Membership
- You can sort by Diet or Values, or Foods you will most likely buy– I’m mostly keto and prefer low-carb snack alternatives, or alternatives to pasta. I sorted for that, and got to see my options
- After comparing prices, certain items were better bought at Thrive Market. Montana grocery stores are expensive, and the things I have found at our organic sections or stores have been way to expensive to buy. Checked it out on Thrive Market and found so many more options like the pasta I got (see below)
- Projected Savings– After you take a quick quiz to set up a profile, Thrive Market gives you a projected savings amount for the year. They project that I will save almost $600/year on these groceries if I buy them through Thrive Market. In my first order, I saved $46. As of September 14th, my projected savings is $477 and in three orders, I have save $128.49.
- Daily Deals & FREE Gifts- Log onto your account and see what they are offering. But be sure to weigh the pros and cons. If you have to spend a lot of money to get 1 item for free, make sure it is worth it! Today I am getting KIND Thin Dark Chocolate bars for FREE when I spend $49+. Which is pretty easy since I only place orders if I have enough in my cart to get free shipping.
- Free Shipping– This one is another pro/con decision. If you only need a cart’s worth of $15 + $6 shipping, it is best not to spend $35 to save $6. That is why I wait until I need $50+ more in items.
**Disclosure: I am a Thrive Market Affiliate, this post contains affiliated links- this means that I earn a commission from the products if you buy them using these links at no additional cost to you. The products listed in any of my blog posts that promotes Thrive Market are only the ones that I have ordered and really enjoyed. Read full disclosure here.
What was in my First Order?
- Wonder Noodles- gluten free, keto and only 2 g of carbs per serving! 2 for $3.98
- Grain Free tortilla chips $3.49
- Organic Riced Cauliflower $2.49
- Lily’s Dark Chocolate Covered Almonds 2 for $5.49 each. Low carb because it’s sweetened with Stevia
- Lillabee’s Brownie Thins $4.99
- Wild Zola Instant Grain Free Hot Cereal, Variety Pack– 5 bags of hot cereal for $12.49 (this 1 was a difficult decision but I wanted to try a keto alternative to oatmeal. LOVED THIS BOX! Banana Bread is my favorite and I have ordered it four times. I mix it with sliced banana and almond milk. It’s perfect to combat my period flu symptoms and Cycle Synching!
- Organic Fajita and Taco seasoning blends $.99 each, costs the same as my home grocery store but has fewer carbs.
- Keto Nut and Seed Butter- $4.29 Keto butters are costly no matter what (especially Montana) because of which nuts they use to make the butter
- Peanut Butter Powder- I need this for a cookie recipe $4.29
- Keto Chocolate Chip Pancake & Waffle Mix– $6.99 (ON SALE) I know I said that I don’t buy remade stuff in order to keep my low carb diet costs down, but I couldn’t resist and I was trying to get to a certain threshold for FREE Shipping
- FREE water bottle – FREE GIFT of choice for starting my membership
Total Order Cost: $65.25 || Total Savings: $46
Final Thoughts on My Thrive Market Experience
As I usually say here, it’s all about debating with yourself and doing your research. So far, I have found that this membership is going to be worth the $120/year, especially if I take advantage of it and do my diligence to save money on grocery expenses. Below is a link for you to start your membership- if you use this link I will receive a small bonus that will be added towards my next Thrive Market purchase.